Thread: My first active IR image

My first active IR image

I tested an industrial through beam AIR system last week. Here is the first image, from that.
    I was bold enough to thrust the object to be where the beam would catch and used f5 at 18mm, but did not think of that an other could do the trapping and then the closest would be out of focus. You learn every day...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, nice image. What are you using for the active sensor? Do you run it into a controller to interface with the camera?

Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by KennethW View Post
    I tested an industrial through beam AIR system last week. Here is the first image, from that.
    I was bold enough to thrust the object to be where the beam would catch and used f5 at 18mm, but did not think of that an other could do the trapping and then the closest would be out of focus. You learn every day...
    I too am curious about the type of sensor. In my experience an active IR can be beaten when a subject slinks under or steps over the "beam".

This i have in test at then moment. I also have an other brand waiting for some testing. I connect it directly to the camera using the NPN output.

I think i could have the beam higher up for the deers, but then i would miss any fox/lynx size animal
    IMG_0079.jpg
    Last edited by KennethW; 02-18-2018 at 01:23 AM.